Friday, May 30, 2008

You'll Have to Pardon Me- I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!


So I received the advance copy of my book in the mail yesterday and I am so excited- in fact I woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep...just thinking about this crazy journey- it is a lot to think about!! And while I try really hard not to take myself too seriously when it comes to my life as an artist- I cannot help but feel as if this is one of those moments that I have waited for (right up there with my first gallery showing!!)- for a long, long, long time- I have spent the last 15 years running after a dream- a dream of being an artist, of sharing this amazing joy that I have for the creative process with others. All this time I have sacrificed a normal career in order to have time and energy to paint and pursue my creative endeavors, I have an education in art that will never get me a 6 figure job, I have been rejected AND embraced...all a part of being an artist. Today I feel empowered and full of hope that this journey is all worth it- all of the struggles and moments of uncertainty, hard work and consistent time spent with my hands in paint chasing after a dream...I wouldn't have it any other way!!

3 comments:

Dori Patrick said...

Hi Alisa! I have thoroughly enjoyed your blog since finding it, and am so happy to see your dreams become real! Yahoo! As a fellow artist, your comment about "being rejected and embraced at the same time" really hit home with me. I've had one of those rough days today...but then just found uplifting messages in my email box that made me think, "yeah, this is the right path." Major kudos to you! Hope to take a workshop from you someday!

Long Black Eyelahes said...

I am so happy for you and for me! A new book i will own! It looks sooo good! And my husband and me also got married on his birthday! Angelica

violette said...

How awesome Alisa.....you deserve all of the success you have achieved. I can't wait to see your amazing book!

Kudos to you!

Love, violette

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails